Friday, July 30, 2010

Old silver beach in Falmouth...free?

So it's potentially my all time favorite beach on the Cape that you don't have to be a member to attend. The sand is gorgeous and white, the water is a bit warmer, and there are sandbars. I know they can be dangerous, but who doesn't love a good sandbar?

Old silver is pricey in terms of parking. Last year it cost $20 per day, so I am assuming it's the same or more. When I was a kid it was a steep $10, so my Gigi would cram all of us grandchildren into her Dodge Omni hatchback and we would go in that-to avoid paying for multiple cars!

Here is my fantastic solution: evening swim and a picnic dinner. Who says you have to spend all day at the beach? If you go at five pm it is free. Not only is it free, there are hardly any people there. It's great because the water is warm, the sun is setting, and you can get some peace at the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment